Monday, January 09, 2006

Resumes and Last First Daze

Ah the last semester (possibly ever) began with a bang, or rather a resume. I discovered a job online for the Seminary Communication Coordinator. I nearly had a heart attack. When I began to think logically again I went in pursuit of answers. And found some. Like: They had just posted the job, they hadn't even put it in the paper yet, and that I should get my resume together. So I did. And now I playing the waiting game. Waiting, waiting, waiting. We shall see. I'm also trying to decide which of my parents philosophies to take. My dad says, "Keep your expectations low and you'll be pleasantly surprised" My mom says, "Reach for the stars and when they cut you're hand off you'll heal." Dad's is less gruesome, but also less optimistic, which goes against my nature. So I'm waivering between the two. Such is my lot in life. Also, every time I tell anyone I have a panic attack because I'm afriad I'm jinxing it.
On a slightly different, but equally panic inducing note, tommorrow is my last first day of the semester, for a long time, if not forever. Frightening. And unfortunately, I don't think I can cruise through this semester. I guess I'll see tomorrow after my last bout with syllabus shock.

2 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger amylea said...

Welcome to blogging! Don't forget to inform us of any interesting readings you run across (and to explain them well for us non-seminary students)
Pax y pan, as they say....

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Yes! It's so nice to be able to read Lou's thoughts again (the etherlink seems to get fuzzy somewhere around West Virginia...but so does everything else).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home