Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Conversations I never I thought I'd have

Here's a new one, for those of us who collect strange conversations. Tonight during feminist theology we were discussing how/if a male savior can save women. (The overwhelming answer was yes, if that's how it has to be) But as some sort of side conversation we started talking abot the genetics of Jesus, and my professor was musing about whether Jesus was one of those people who had ambiqious sex genes, like XXY or something. Then of course we started talking about the genitalia of Jesus and whether they were also ambiguous. Walking away from the class I realized that this was a conversation I never thought I'd have. Oh the joys of seminary.

3 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Blogger Kari said...

Wow. Just...wow. I can't even imagine that conversation taking place in a seminary class. Did anyone actually have a straight face during this discussion?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger amylea said...

Wow. See, now THAT's what I call real graduate school. As opposed to Derrida class, which is a lot like electroshock therapy, without the machine.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Joanne Lehman said...

Oh my goodness. For the sake of your career, I hope the people on the pastoral search committee never get hold of this blog! Your (concerned) mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home