Thursday, July 27, 2006

Digging out Ghosts (or, when I should be working)

I dug up a few ghosts this week. Like my mom's bad "car-ma" see joannelehman.blogspot.com, I am also discovering a spiritual connection to some things of the past, but I think I must explain.
In the process of packing I've (re)discovered some interesting things. Here is a very short list:
1) Wedding invitations for people I forgot even existed (remember Amy Fickel or Kelly Holcombe?)
2) A bunch of notes from some sort of rhetoric and lit conference (the first page included a whole bunch of stuff on John Locke and about halfway through was a To Do list and the title of a speech I eventually wrote and delivered (and won a contest with)
3) Some sort of detention slip from Ms Clemons regarding my bad behavior caused by lack of sleep :) (one of Amy's solutions was coffee)
4) Boxes of photos, a huge stack of Witmasums and Wombats and tickets and programs from a number of Bluffton plays/musicals
In an attempt to live a feng shui life I tried to be absolutely ruthless in throwing things out (but I didn't get very far) For example, in the above list, I threw out most of the wedding invitations, I kept the notes and the detention slip (if I ever get to scrapbook these will be priceless), I threw out the programs and tickets, and I left the Witmarsums and Wombats for the next time I move (or to show my hypothetical child what college is like). I also learned that I moved and got married ridiculously close to the time I graduated, otherwise most of that stuff would not have made it to Virginia in the first place.
Sigh, living a feng shui life is hard, particularly when your a packrat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home