Friday, October 13, 2006

Fulfilling my life long dream

I am currently fulfilling my lifelong dream of being a ballerina. The wife of a first-year seminary student has begun teaching ballet classes at EMU and so as a member of this community, I am eligible to take the classes (for a fee of course). So now on Monday nights I spend an hour an a half happily plie-ing and learning more french words than I ever have before. I even dragged my friend Jill with me and so we giggle in the back when we can't get our head movements to go with our arm movements, and we laugh at ourselves, while the half of the class that's had ballet training shows us perfect form.
I now own ballet slippers, which are great fun! And I had a terrified moment during the first meeting when the instructor told us she would be encouraging us to wear tights and leotards. Thankfully, she later ammended her statement to say that those who have been dancing for more than three years should wear tights and a leotard. Luckily I'm three years away from that.
For now, I'm just happy to pretend to be a ballerina and to maybe get a little exercise in the process.

2 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger amylea said...

I'm SOOO trying not to giggle.

Damn, I failed.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Are there any poses (or whatever they're called) that involved placing your foot in your roommate's shower caddy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home